I think tomorrow I'll start on Monsters directly in the editor, as that's the next thing I'll need to connect through to the encounters code I currently have. The editor should be able to then determine for me the right model to use for each encounter and so on, replacing the manual selections I did - or probably just prompting for one and letting it be over-written. I'm not completely certain, but there might be a few minor bug fixes to resolve in terms of the EXACT screen locations that models are rendered to - bot sure if all the correct information about offsets and scaling is making it's way through to all the right places - but that's going to be hopefully quick.
Lastly, I gave the app a session on the profiler, and it seems to be ticking along very nicely, maintaining a consistent memory footprint, similarly, on my physical device, it's running at a nice respectable framerate. Always a brown-pants moment after major code changes to check if things got screwey, and always a relief when things work nicely.