There's fifty images for each race, which really probably is enough to get the ball rolling on this one.
Oh yeah, and I spent a good bit of time preparing effect/ability animations to start loading them up into the system. Thank goodness for good command line instructions from ImageMagick which saved me countless hours stitching individual animation images into a single long file that will be able to be input into the animation editor I've got.
This evening, the plan is to either work on more skill-tree layouts, or get back into the code again working to grow abilities out more. Either will be good and fun to get done.